Tankless Water Heaters
The Local Tankless Water Heater King
Based in Belleville, IL, we provide service throughout the Metro-East area including the towns of Cahokia, Collinsville, Edwardsville, Fairview Heights, Granite City, and O’Fallon. For years, there was only one option when it came to water heating options. Conventional water heaters can be found in homes and businesses all over, and have served as the most efficient way to heat water. However, this is no longer the case. Tankless water heaters provide a more efficient way to heat and use water, which helps save some money on your water bill, too. But what’s the catch? Here are the benefits and drawbacks of buying a tankless water heater.
What Is a Tankless Water Heater?
You may be asking yourself, “What is a tankless water heater?” A tankless water heater is just what it sounds like – a water heater that doesn’t use a tank. It doesn’t store any water at all – it heats water on-demand, as you need it, by moving water across a heating element. By contrast, your conventional system involves the use of a large tank that holds water that must be continually heated.
Conventional systems may be useful for large homes with high usage, but can be wasteful for small homes. By contrast, a tankless system may be too costly and provide too little savings for a large home while a small household could see the benefits much sooner. Read more below about the benefits and drawbacks of tankless water heaters.
Call (618) 337-9322 Anytime... Day or Night for an Appointment
Tankless Water Heater Benefits
- The water is heated on demand, which means you’ll never run out.
- A lifespan of 20+ years saves you from frequent replacements.
- Less maintenance is required for tankless models.
- Using less energy means less money is wasted on utility bills.
- Wall-mounted units mean these models are a real space saver.
Tankless Water Heater Drawbacks
- Basic models are significantly more expensive than traditional water heaters.
- The larger your home, the more it will cost to go tankless.
- Retrofitting your home with a new tankless system can make things even more expensive.
Questions about tankless water heaters? Call Darwyn’s Plumbing to see if a tankless option is right for your home or business.